OMS Market Systems Support Analyst
Business Area: Operations
Place of Work: London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
Working as part of the wider Investment and Market Systems Support area, with responsibility for supporting Bloomberg AIM and other trading/analytics/market data services provided by Bloomberg or other Third Parties. As a support function, the role will also provide L0/L1 assistance for the wide range of systems developed and or/implemented by the Investment and Market Systems team.
• Monitor production processes and respond to issues/failures.
• Act as the first point of contact for any issues or queries raised against Bloomberg or other IMS-managed applications. Record and take ownership of issues using JIRA and follow this through to successful resolution.
• Manage and resolve all issues and queries within Service Level Agreements set in the Application Support Team, in so far as third party SLAs allow.
• Be flexible in working patterns to ensure support coverage during the business day.
• Provide regular, timely updates to stakeholders during issue investigation and resolution.
• Manage expectations of users and IMS management if SLA cannot be achieved, including proposed mitigation and/or workaround.
• Escalate issues as required to IMS and Business management.
Managing Processes & Future Focus
• Take a proactive view to the work that is performed within Bloomberg Support, identifying and implementing improvements that increase efficiency within the team.
• Work with IMS and third-party delivery teams to implement long term solutions for support issues.
• Produce and maintain support documentation and procedures in Atlassian Confluence or similar.
• Contribute to the design phases of new initiatives to ensure an effective support model will be in place from the outset.
• Electronic trading workflow on EMSX and TSOX. The candidate must have prior experience in troubleshooting trade booking issues and assisting with the onboarding process for new traders.
• Compliance rule coding on CMGR. The candidate will liaise with key stakeholders to review mandate guidelines, coding the investment restrictions, testing to ensure the desired output is achieved and investigating active trade violations raised by the business teams.
• Position management tools such as MAV, BDS and PORT. The candidate should also be familiar with the benchmark and models functionality within the AIM OMS system.
• Onboarding of new portfolios and users on FIRM.
• Configuration of data feeds in TSIP as well as experience creating ad-hoc Data License requests.
• Administration of commissions rules in CUTS.
• Familiarity with general functionality within Bloomberg for market and pricing data is essential.
Desirable experience and qualifications beyond Bloomberg include:
• A financial qualification such as IMC or CFA or a finance-related bachelors’ degree.
• Experience supporting other front-office and compliance tools such as equity & fixed income TCA products and/or shareholding disclosure applications.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
• Basic knowledge of a job scheduling tool such as JAMS, Autosys or similar.
• Basic knowledge of Confluence and JIRA.
• Basic knowledge of XML editors such as Notepad++, Visual Studio or similar.
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.