Actuarial support analyst
Business Area: Group Risk
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Contractor
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
To provide support to the Funding Strategy team on calculation, modelling, reporting and documentation requirements. This will involve support on both business-as-usual and work connected to the 2020 actuarial valuation.
• Support production of actuarial outputs, modelling, and associated documentation (including under Technical Actuarial Standards and internal Model Risk Policy) for 2020 valuation
• Provide support on administration of Scheme where actuarial input is required (generation of actuarial factors, ad-hoc member calculations etc)
• Deliver work to agreed deadlines, working effectively with other members of the Funding Strategy team
• Prioritise work appropriately and manage delivery of key tasks
• Participate in meetings with the Funding Strategy team and other internal stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with administration and stakeholder teams as required
Managing Processes & Future Focus
• Keep abreast of industry developments, and legislative, regulatory or professional changes
• Qualified actuary with pensions experience
• Experience in producing, using and documenting Excel models
• Good technical skills and proven ability to support senior members of actuarial teams and scheme actuary
• Experience in using RiskFirst PFaroe software
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.