Annual Report & Accounts Project Manager
Business Area: Finance
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
Project management and delivery of the Annual Report & Accounts (ARA) and USSIM and USSL statutory accounts
• Prepare and manage the project plan for the ARA and USSIM/USSL statutory accounts including agreement of key milestones and deliverables
• Produce associated governance documents such as the Project Initiation Document (PID), risk register and stakeholder analysis
• Provide regular reporting to stakeholders to demonstrate project progress against milestones
• Act as the main point of contact with external agency project manager to ensure alignment and tracking against plan
• Co-ordinate printing and delivery of final signed documents
• Co-ordinate and produce additional supplements such as governance and risk management
• Co-ordinate publishing on USS website
• Project management experience, skills and knowledge
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisations ethos and values
• Experience in pensions or investments industry
• Experience of project managing Annual Reports
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company’s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members’ interests first.