IT Configuration Manager
Business Area: IT
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
Reporting to our IT Service Desk & Support Manager this role is a fundamental part of the USS Technology Services group function. Managing all configuration related day to day activities such as process, asset, configuration, procurement and lifecycle management.
• Provide support and guidance across the Liverpool and London IT teams in all aspects of Configuration
• Formulate and implement processes and procedures for tracking of company software, hardware, and equipment from purchase through to decommission.
• Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts.
• End to end internal and datacentre hardware and software asset management.
• Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes and physical location ensuring all assets follow the asset life cycle.
• Effectively communicate asset management strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Where possible, standardise equipment to lower total costs.
• Perform regular reviews to ensure accuracy of the Asset and License repository.
• Identification and ownership of areas of improvement which could potentially lead to a project
• Ensure all Asset and Software related projects are supported
• Ensure all reporting is produced and distributed to relevant parties.
• Generate, distribute, and review relevant asset, software and licensing management reports.
• Support the generation of IT Service Delivery Management reporting
• Liaise with suppliers around hardware, software and licensing
• Own the Microsoft renewal programme working with IT Managers to understand requirements
• Attend regular supplier review meetings
• Accountable for all hardware and software purchases
• Support the IT Management team as and when required to obtain quotes, raise purchase orders, update SD+ and resolve issues with suppliers.
• Ensure a review is completed on a regular basis of all suppliers to drive efficiencies and cost reductions.
• Experience of Configuration Management ideally within financial services organisation
• Strong experience in operating Software Asset Management lifecycle and hardware asset management
• Experience of managing 3rd Party IT suppliers
• Experience of working in an IT environment and an understanding IT metrics and data.
• Ability to produce accurate reports
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• A strong configuration management background, and demonstrated experience of working within an ITIL service focused team
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with management, team, peers and customers.
• Problem ownership & accountability
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.