Junior Information Security Analyst
Business Area: Group Risk
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
To operate as an effective junior member of the information security team and assist with the team’s responsibilities of data protection and information security across USS.
• Work as part of the Information Security Team to design and implement the necessary controls to ensure best practice is established and adhered to across the company in relation to information security standards and principles where appropriate.
• Participate in the delivery of the Information Security Forum (ISF).
• Support effective management of the Information Security Incident Management process which promotes the identification, reporting, and handling of information security related incidents.
• Assist with conducting assessments and aligning the business to regulatory requirements, including data protection.
• Assist with the identification and recording of USS information assets, contributing to the effective management of the records retention policy across the Company.
• Help promote Data Protection and Information Security awareness throughout the company by facilitating training.
• Assist with conducting assessments and feeding into reports on the organisation’s compliance with Data Protection Act, ISO 27001, and other data/security related provisions.
• The job holder will be expected to keep abreast of new and emerging issues and risks in the field of information security and data protection.
• Support more senior members of the Information Security team as needed.
• Help promote good information security management and practices.
• Assist with the effective management and completion of all information security related audit recommendations.
• To have a good understanding of the principles of the UK Data Protection Act (DPA 2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Experience of conducting risk assessments in information security or other discipline.
• A basic knowledge of key systems and subsystems.
• Being able to work both as an individual and as part of a team.
• Good communicator and interpersonal skills with management, team, peers and customers.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.