Network & Security Engineer
Business Area: IT
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Contractor
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
The Network & Security Engineer role will be part of the Network & Security Team, the primary function of which will be to support and maintain new and existing technology within the USS network and security platform.
The secondary function will be to assist with technical project work as required, as well as working closely with the other Technology Services functions to deploy new infrastructure tools. To be the technical escalation point for other teams within I.T. This role will include elements support, helping to manage the team’s queue and ensure a timely resolution to problems. To be point of escalation for critical incidents both in and out of hours.
• Strong experience and knowledge of core USS Network technologies including Cisco Routing & Switching, WIFI technologies and supporting highly available networks.
• In-depth understanding of Firewalls such as Palo Alto and Cisco ASA.
• Experience of managing a multi-site network.
• WAN Support and troubleshooting.
• Technical project task delivery.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Able to effectively manage a technical workload.
• Advanced problem-solving skills.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.