1st Line Technical Support Analyst
Business Area: IT
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
As a key member of the 1st line support team you will be the first point of contact for the business to log and resolve technical queries and incidents. Also be a contact point for Institutions regarding the USS Employer portal, working closely with all technical teams across the USSL and USSIM business.
• Call Logging, analysis, updating and resolution
• Assisting the Business in day to day technical issues
• Incident resolution
• Engage technicians & suppliers to resolve incidents and fulfil request
• Incident escalation and assignment
• Lifecycle Incident management to resolution.
• Review and active management of 3rd Party calls
• Experience in a customer facing support role with service focus
• Provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation of request. Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcome. Provides timely feedback and updates to users.
• Experience of Service desk procedures ensuring all calls are logged, monitored and updated with emphasis on customer service.
• Following agreed procedures, receives and handles requests for support, provides information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate.
• Service Delivery experience with a strong background in technical and help desk activities
• Understands the significance of service level agreements and is confident in 3rd party discussions.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.