Credit Associate, Asset Management
Business Area: Private Markets
Place of Work: London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
To support PMG’s credit platform investments throughout the full lifecycle including service provider relationship management, portfolio oversight and analytics, credit event management and new origination & deal execution support. The current portfolio includes a $3B+ joint venture to provide senior debt facilities to leading European direct lending asset managers, an equity release mortgage joint venture with a leading originator, a £500M UK mid-market renewable lending platform across Onshore Wind, Energy from Waste, and Energy Efficiency, as well as other warehousing facilities.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
Responsible for post transaction monitoring and asset management of investments to include monthly reporting, liaising with borrower counterparties and management of 3rd party service providers.
In collaboration with the Private Credit & Alternate Income (PCAI) investment team, ensure that appropriate asset management plans are defined and implemented (directs) and sufficient support is provided to asset management activities
Coordinate lifecycle events incl. credit matters (both technical and non-technical), refinancing and adjustments alongside the PCAI investment team and other key stakeholders
Implementation and oversight of best practice operating- and origination- models to include support the on-boarding of new Credit-related investments as well as relevant sales and disposals
Organise / supervise internal processes with key internal stakeholders and managing external workstreams such as legal, credit/commercial, financial and tax due diligence
Document management including coordination of signing of documents and liaising with internal legal and our external legal panel
Proactively participate in oversight aspects of the PMG, suggesting and implementing efficiencies or changes in process, procedures or structure where necessary
Broader PMG / AM&O Responsibilities:
Contribute to the support of broader PMG activities incl. valuations, budgeting, MI / reporting and IT-support as well as be a point of contact for support and control teams within USSIM / USS
• Demonstrable track record of asset management of privately-held companies within a Credit setting (Private Equity or Infrastructure experience will also be considered)
• Likely to have worked in a similar role in one or more of the following: Credit Adviser, Investment Bank, GP, Pension Fund, Asset / Fund Manager
• Experience within a Financial Services’ consultancy / transaction services’ organisation would also be considered
• Ability to deliver high quality work under constrained timelines
• Competent at prioritisation, process organisation, and management of multiple workstreams
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
• Working knowledge of credit investments and documentation
• Highly numerate (Accountancy/CFA qualification is considered advantageous but not a necessity)
• Great attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Self-starter with ‘can do’ attitude, highly organised and ability to prioritise
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.