Investment Product Associate
Business Area: Strategy Co-ordination
Place of Work: London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
To be the pension service of choice for the higher education sector for the long-term
Input into the USS investment product design and delivery and assist with steering this through the required executive and trustee approval processes.
Assist with co-ordination across USS to ensure the USS DC investment product is represented consistently within the overall hybrid offering.
To keep abreast of market developments and help to ensure that the scheme is market leading, working with a virtual team across the organisation to help the scheme to achieve its strategic investment initiatives
- Support with the development of the USS DB & DC investment product over time to become market leading
- Understand and internally communicate best in class industry & market thinking on DB & DC investments
- Understanding of regulatory change impacting DC & DB investments
- Assisting with communication to the stakeholders of the scheme regarding investment product developments
- Contributing to member education, communications and engagement material, including roadshows as agreed with the Policy and Communications teams
- Working with the ISA team to ensure that the DC section of the scheme benefits from the input of the team
- To work with a virtual team across investment operations, business change, front office, member engagement, communications, pensions operations, legal, and policy to help to create investment products across the scheme
- Support communication with internal and external stakeholders to keep them abreast of investment product related matters
Managing Processes & Future Focus
- Smooth, accurate and timely delivery of DC Investment related member reporting and communications such as factsheets, investment guide, web collateral, newsletters and blogs
- Assist with the smooth running of the DC section, undertaking oversight and monitoring of the DC section, including member facing communications and queries
- Working with Northern Trust to develop the DC platform to respond to our requirements and influence their internal roadmap of delivery to ensure our changes are prioritised.
- Ability to deliver high quality work under constrained timelines
- High level of structure and organisation and the ability to work across teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written papers and oral presentations
- Strong compliance culture and high personal ethical standardsCompetent at prioritisation, process organisation, and management of multiple workstreams
- Ability to influence
- Enhance and further develop USS’ cultural objectives
- Experience of multiple asset classes
- Experience of investment governance
- Understanding of the pensions landscape across both DB and DC
- Self-starter in identifying new projects and opportunities;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong written skills; with a focus on formalisation and documentation of investment processe
- Strong stakeholder focus and ability to understand the relationships between the Business and Stakeholders
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.